Staplegrove Master Plan
Approached down an avenue of Royal palms, Staple Grove plantation yard is a remnant of the sugar industry with its collection of ruins, derelict structures, cranes and an old coral stone windmill. We were charged with preparing a master plan for its redevelopment and submitting an outline planning application.
The proposed development included a two (2) storey office building and light industrial warehouses with mezzanine offices. The buildings were located to avoid the majority of the existing trees and incorporate a number of the old factory features such as the weigh bridge and crane, the water cooling tank and the old mill. The architectural style proposed is complimentary to the heritage origins of the site.
LocationStaplegrove, Christ Church , Barbados
StageOutline Planning Application 2009.
Size39330 sq. ft. / 3658 sq. m.
– Ecoisle Consulting Inc.
- Existing Trees retained and augmented
- Landscape areas maximised
- Parking bays to be finished with grass paving/ grass-crete
- Existing factory equipment and features retained as heritage exhibits
- Existing water cooling tank to be used for rainwater harvesting and as water feature