Oasis is a traditional Caribbean styled 3-Bedroom 3-bathroom house located within Millennium Heights; an exquisite 48 acre gated community on an elevated ridge overlooking Bridgetown and the Caribbean Sea.
The beautifully landscaped site has a gently undulating topography and the split level design follows this with a series of cascading roof forms. The open plan kitchen, living and dining rooms are situated at the highest point of the site and open on to a wrap around patio overlooking the pool. The children’s bedrooms are situated on a half-level above the main living spaces and the master suite on its own a half-level above them. The master bedroom enjoys high ceilings with exposed rafters, a walk through wardrobe and en-suite bathroom with his and her showers enclosed with tempered glass screens. The traditional features of jalousie doors, sash windows, jalousie shutters and the wrap around patio allows our clients to truly embrace the "inside outside lifestyle" of the tropics.
LocationMillennium Heights, St. Thomas, Barbados
Size3400 sq. ft. / 316 sq. m.
ContractorR. G. Construction Inc
- Design allows natural ventilation & day lighting
- Jalousie windows allow ventilation
- Wrap around patio, shutters and pergola provides solar shading
- Rainwater Harvesting for irrigation & secondary purposes
- Water Conservation - Low/dual flush toilets
- Solar Water Heater
- Roof Insulation to reduce solar heat gain